About CMX Cinemas Brickell and Stone Sports Bar
CMX Cinemas Brickell, located in the heart of Miami at Brickell City Centre, provides a world-class dinner-and-a-movie experience, featuring chef-crafted American Bistro cuisine, signature cocktails and a large wine collection. The location features 10 auditoriums, all offering full-service in-theater dining, oversized reclining seats, and cutting-edge digital technology. The trendy CMX Stone Sports Bar is located in the lounge of the theater and provides sports enthusiasts a redefined experience to watch their favorite teams on giant LED screens, while also enjoying chef-crafted food options, signature handcrafted cocktails and an extensive beer and wine list.
Summary of Position:
The Operations Technician is responsible for: day-to-day technical operations of the projection booth; management of onsite media sources (e.g. NCM, DirecTV, etc.); maintenance of computer systems and equipment; and day-to-day hands-on assistance with facilities management of the theater and kitchen. Responsibilities of this position also include handling of limited general maintenance issues as needed. When necessary, the Operations Technician will coordinate more extensive maintenance issues with vendors.
- Troubleshooting, maintenance, and reporting of all projection equipment, related issues, and operations.
- Day-to-day operations of the projection booth, including all required paperwork.
- Recording and tracking of all warranties and work performed on theater, projection, concession, and restaurant equipment.
- Performing (or scheduling) daily theater checks, including show-by-show presentation checks by employees and monthly building inspections by managers.
- Changing water filters for theater and kitchen; light plumbing as needed.
- Chart, track, and coordinate maintenance action for any roof-related issues (e.g., roof leaks, HVAC work).
- Monitoring of all mechanical-oriented, control-oriented issues & minor HVAC issues, as well as communication of any HVAC issues to the appropriate party.
- Performing regular maintenance and repair of auditorium seats.
- Changing light bulbs and ballasts throughout the building.
- Technical support of building equipment, including I.T., projection, electrical, plumbing and kitchen equipment, etc. Must be available 24/7 when needed.
- Providing technical support for special events, rentals, and programs (e.g., coordinating microphone systems, DVD or Blu-ray playback, PowerPoint presentation displays).
- Additional duties as determined by Management.
- Well-developed skills in problem solving, organization, decision making, time management, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills resulting in exceptional rapport with people. Able to deal courteously, professionally, and tactfully with a variety of circumstances. Understands and appreciates the importance of a job well done.
- Must have multi-tasking skills necessary to handle various tasks and changing priorities even under pressure, all while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent personal motivation with a proven ability to work independently and proactively, with little to no supervision.
- Willingness to work outside normal operating hours on an as-needed basis, including being "on call" to assist with operational issues during specified times.
- Possible travel to other company locations and outlying areas.
- Proven leader with the ability to provide training and development for projection operations and maintenance of computer equipment.
- Job experience (minimum 1 year) experience in a technical support role within a related industry preferred.
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 lbs, stand for long durations, frequently climb ladders, and kneel or squat for extended periods with or without reasonable accommodation.
Working for CMX Cinemas has some really great perks:
- Highly competitive compensation
- 401(k) (company match)
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Health Savings Account (H.S.A.)
- Life and disability insurance
- Free movies and meals
- Paid vacation
- Professional career development opportunities based on performance.
CMX Cinemas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, promoting diversity and inclusion of all as being foundational to our culture.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability